Thursday, December 24, 2009

The next 5 learnings...

       
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
      For many of us, including me its very difficult to get over anything that happened in my past. Be it good experiences or bad ones. We keep brooding over them, set expectations based on them and just don't let go them from our heads. What does it all lead to that way? It all leads to misery and leaves us hurt as always. Its very important to step out of the past and enter into the present with a peaceful mind. The past hold no value, the future is of lesser value, what matters the most is the present. I will try to practice this in 2010 more effectively. We have to learn to accept the changes and learn to move on.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
      I am not a very experienced mother. But during the last year I have seen and learnt this that no matter how young your child is, they truly understand our moods. They might not know the reason but they sure sense the ups & downs. There have been days when I was so down that I have hugged my 1 yr old daughter and cried and all she did was hug me back till I was ok. And that's what i learnt. Its ok if my chold sees me when I am weak also. One of the lessons of parenthood.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
      One of the truths about life lies in this sentence. We all look at others and think that we lack what they have or that in someway they are more blessed and luckier than us. But when we take a look into their life is when we realise that everyone has their share of hardships, its just the order of the hardships that differ. The grass always seems greener on the other side of the river because we see the long view and not the closer and careful view. What happens is that we look into others life to find things which we lack. In that we fail to look into things which they lack. And we feel they are more blessed and luckier than us.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
       Self explanatory.... :)

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
      Its just a statement which means 'Trust in the Almighty'. He will never let you down or leave you in want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment