Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So here comes the next 5 lessons from 2009..


6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
    When we argue or fight each of us want to win. Its easier said than done. I know. But still this is a lesson. We can keep this in mind when we feel so beaten if we feel we didn't score well in the argument. No two persons can agree on everything. A fact we all know but tough to accept. We dream of our spouses, sibblings, children, friends etc etc to agree on everything. Isn't it so good to imagine such a perfect combination. :). But there also lies a fact that its these disagreements and differences which makes each of us unique. And its really ok that we don't have a perfect world of people or things or situations. Its within these imperfections that there lies a perfect life. Its just within our head to remember this each time we come across something we don't approve of. Like I said, this is something we all know, but its easier said than done. We can still try. I did, I am and I will in 2010 also.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
    Thinking of crying, how many times in the past year I felt so miserable for things happening to me and around me which affected in some way. Few of the occassions I found people lending me a shoulder to cry on and on a few occassions I became the shoulders they would lean on. I am thankful to each of them who stood by me, heard me and consoled me and for the other friends, I am there for you. Reach out when you need me. I truly believe that the one's who stand by you in your worst of days are the ones you must keep in life for they are the real gems you are gifted with. Oprah once said, " Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.". Its so true. And I think we must show appreciation to such people in whichever ways its possible.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
    One of teacher once asked me while we were in school that how many of us pray before an exam that the exam must be easy for everyone of them in the class. I then realised, that yes we all pray for ourselves only. And after this fact hit me, believe me or not, I prayed before every exam that the exam must be easy for each one of us appearing, or the least of it all of us must pass. :). Somehow it made me happy then and today. The teacher who taught me this fact is etched in my memory. And I think God hears us when we are less selfish. And the amount of disappoinments we face all has a meaning. Atleast I try to belive in that. At the end all turns out to be for the good. I do get angry with God but its because of him is what I am today. So I still hold the faith. :). I am glad I do..

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
    This is a very important lesson. I was trying to do it from the day I started working. But finally this year I was able to start. I plan to continue.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
      Chocolates... mmm..ahhh.. mouth watering. Do not resist. And having chocolates also boosts your mood. So why not. Well for the weight concious ones... can't help..keep resisting. As for me, I am the least concious about that. :)))

0 comments:

Post a Comment