Friday, June 26, 2009




Many of us keep trying to find the real meaning of our lives, in an hundred different ways.Most often we give up, and say, "There is no answer, there is no meaning."But for our lives to have meaning and purpose, we ourselves must find answers. This task is not easy but we have to sit at it at some point in our lives. The only freedom we have is to choose when we do this analysis and come to conclusions.A solution is needed that can answer each of our problems, Something that really works. Isn't it this that each of us really want and dream of in a perfect way?

Now, listing down my so called 'BIG' Needs:

  • I need something that helps me handle my life better everyday. A golden rule, a secret punch line, anything will do.





  • I need the power to stop doing things I know are bad or wrong for myself and also to others around me.







  • I need strength to act in a new way to things, people, my family, kid, friends..everyone who mean something to me.







  • I need to find a way to deal with my past - the bad and hurtful things that have happened to me, and the things I realise now I did wrong, that have hurt me or others, the things I said and much more. And most important, get rid of the memories which refuse to leave me and haunt me day and night.







  • I need real and perfect answers to the purpose of life - why I am here, and what is my life for and where is life taking me?







  • I need something that can fill in that empty space in my life that nothing else has filled and is still a vacuum.







  • I need true friends and their company - trustworthy relationship(s), so that I am never alone in whichever phase of life I am.







  • I need a way of weighing my options and taking important life decisions without making a mistake.







  • I need to take away the fears and worries in me - fear of the past, the future, bad luck, ancestors, spirits, death - all those things I try to forget and so do all.





  • Looks like we all feel that there is a space inside us which we think we can try to fill with many things. We try money, ambition, sex, drugs, sport, hobby, family, fun, alcohol and even following a religion can fill that space, but somehow these things do not actually in anyway give us the answers we are searching for.


    I am again standing at the crossroad of finding the answers to my very own - 'BIG Needs and EMPTY Feelings'...

    2 comments:

    Molly said...

    Wow that's very good and profound. I think we all feel that way, some push these thoughts by the way side, and others (like us) spend probably too much time reflecting on them. You are now a member of Storm's Mountain, don't be shy, they are wonderful women. See you there! I'll still be stopping by your blog though. Molly

    Amit Kumar Singh said...

    nice post
    Need is like a square object who can never fit into the square of expectations.

    Post a Comment