Friday, June 12, 2009


This entry is a beginning of a journey, a journey towards discovering who I am and what is my destination. And, even before I begin to pen down anything, a heartfelt 'thanks' to the one who inspired me to think on those lines. And I think, the very thought has started well and does makes me feel good. Read on to know why and how.. :)





I have heard many people saying, true happiness is when you start loving yourself. And never did I realise the depth of this statement until the last 2 days. We all always think on the flaws we have, physically, mentally, things around us and most importantly within us. But do we really give enough thoughts on how good we are or what are the better half of things in us. I think its those who have started thinking on that are those who start falling in love with themselves and start realising how valuable they are. Well, I am late in that journey towards discovering the good things in me, but am glad and truly happy that I have at least started. And, the statement is well said " The one who learns to love oneself is someone who is truly at peace. "





To start the very long journey towards discovery of myself I began with thinking what is that unique thing which makes me different from the others around me. There are many, but to me the most important one is that I support, I stand by people, friends and not-friends also in their worst of the times. I don't really know where and how did I learn this but I think it just came somehow and I think that's really what makes me unique and different. There is one lady whom I really admire, Oprah Winfrey. One of her statements, " Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ". Thinking about this, isn't it really true? When things are well, we all get to see a crowd around us but when things start falling apart, its those who still stick around are the real gems we are gifted with. I think people who know me see me as one such gem they are gifted with. I wish I had more such gems in my life too.





Not a big post today, a long day to go and lots to do, ending with a positive note, the journey to self discovery has well begun and I hope reaching the destination will be a celebration within me, one which no one but myself can sing, dance and be merry !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment